bugs.kde.org -> bugzilla??

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Sun Aug 18 17:42:42 BST 2002

On Sunday 18 August 2002 18:20, Daniel Naber wrote:

> > Can the login coercion be disabled or is an integral "feature" of
> > Mantis?
>
> See the official demo site linked above: it has an "anonymous" login link
> that lets you search and report bugs. You can also have a special "view
> only" login, which is also anonymous.

But the default view is to show all bugs, which is a bit nonsense with
our needs. My prefered system would:
 * provide nice overview per category (as does ours)
 * let you close and reassin the bug right in the web interface
 * assign all actions to an email address (as does ours)
 * let you query bugs in all kind of ways
 * let you give bugs priority and create sub priorities (like waiting for
    feedback may be one field, but the bug itself can still be grave or
    wishlist)
 * provide developers ways to customize their view on the bugs
    (e.g. no priority)
 * handle duplicates in a graceful way without having them to close
 * allow CCs, so that reporters can recognize when a bug is getting
   closed - so they don't have to create a duplicate
 * allow several maintainers for a package (we handle that with mailing lists
    and TODO lists - very ugly)

I agree bugzilla in the default installation isn't exactly what we need
either, but as far as I read it can be much better customized than ours
without hacking perl :)

Greetings, Stephan
P.S. I just dislike our current one, I don't mind what it will be in the end,
even though bugzilla is my current favorite as it's very mature and used
by more than one other large project :)