KDE Jabber Library

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sun Aug 4 19:29:45 BST 2002

On Sunday 04 August 2002 14:12, Neil Stevens wrote:
> As for functionality, can you outline what features Kopete supports
> that Jabber doesn't?  File transfers, whiteboards, unicode, multiple
> resources/connections/locations per user, varying single and
> multi-user chat, cross-system interoperability (including IRC and
> SMTP), and running your own server are all possible with Jabber, to
> my knowledge.

Well, this question should be asked the other way around. What psi
provides that libkopete doesn't? I just want to see a list saying
"libkopete can't do ... and psi provides ..." or maybe a sample use
case like 'lets say kcoolgame wants to let users chat and it needs
to... so it can't use libkopete because...'.
At this point psi is a pure Qt lib, whereas libkopete actually uses
kdelibs. I'm not sure why we would put psi inside kdelibs when it
doesn't use anything from kdelibs. Sure it might be useful but so is
Boost and it's not a good enough reason to put it in kdelibs.

Zack

--
Does this .sig make my butt look big?