KDE Jabber Library

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Sun Aug 4 19:24:23 BST 2002

On Sunday 04 August 2002 20:12, Neil Stevens wrote:
> Having a Jabber lib in kdelibs centralizes the code, too.  The difference
> here isn't centralization, but rather whether KDE will standardize one
> service, or rather endorse proprietary systems on equal footing with open
> systems.

You can't close your eyes for cold figures. How many people are using Jabber?
How many are using MSN, AIM or ICQ?

Do the math. Or should we also remove all IE-compatible hacks from KHTML, use
our own video codecs instead of Xine (which allows to use proprietary DDLs
through Wine), remove the SMB file sharing and lan browsing and more?

Martijn