Menu rearrangement [was: Re: kdebase/konsole]

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Mon Apr 29 11:57:27 BST 2002

On Sunday 28 April 2002 19:17, Ralf Nolden wrote:

> - Settingsmenu for holding kcontrol, printmanager link, personalizer,
>   menuedit and a new desktop file for kcmshell kicker

Was it intended that kcontrol also disappears from the panel? Or what about
transition support and addition of Settings-Menu/kcontrol to default-apps?

> - use MainBarIcon for logout, lock, run command -> can be resized to use
    main toolbar iconsize (which defaults it to 22)

I don't think this is a good idea or looks good. And surprise, kicker doesn't
react to main toolbar icon size changes in KControl.

> That's it.

I would move Applications/Desktop Sharing and Applications/Kverbos too.
Why is "Konsole Super Mode" under More/ but not "File Manager Super Mode"?
CD burning applications in different menus is inconsistent too.

Bye,
   Steve