Things needed (was: Re: Do we really need Korn ?)

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Apr 28 21:39:01 BST 2002

On Sunday 28 April 2002 22:31, Cristian Tibirna wrote:

> Korn exists since 1997, KBiff since around 1998. IOSlaves were invented
> around 2000. Neither the main Korn author nor the few people that touched
> the code since, didn't seem to get the tim to plug in the new technologies.
> I don't know about Kurt and KBiff.
Correct.

> Definitely. Problem is always time. Nonetheless, as they are today, they
> _work_ (TM) and what you mention isn't reason for removing them from CVS.
Nobody wanted to remove it, Christian. I don't know why you insist on somebody
wanting to do that :)

Anyway, given the code for korn and kbiff is there plus the new classes and
stuff in Qt, it shouldn't be too hard for a newbie programmer to write a
simple and small mailchecker app or improve korn/kbiff. Everyone is free to
do that (yes, yes, do-it-yourself, I know, but my time is currently planned
out)

Ralf

> CT

Ralf Nolden