Adding KXMLGUIClient into multiple factories

Ellis Whitehead kde at ellisw.net
Sat Apr 27 20:53:21 BST 2002

On Saturday 27 April 2002 13:35, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> Yes, a client can definitely be assigned to one factory at a time
> only.

Great. ;)

> > One thing is that plugging and shortcuts should be primarily taken care
> > of by KActionCollection instead of KAction...
>
> Plugging being the job of KActionCollection? Wouldn't that kill the
> whole point of the action pattern in terms of extensibility?

I cut off my email there, because I had to disconnect from the internet.  I
think that KActionCollection should hold the pointers to an action's QWidgets
and KAccels (for doc/view, a document action many be plugged into many view
KAccels), rather than each KAction object having it's own list.  The actual
plug & unplug would still be done by KAction and subclasses, but
KActionCollection would handle the administrative stuff.