kfile plugins

Rolf Magnus ramagnus at kde.org
Tue Apr 23 22:04:52 BST 2002

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 20:23, Shane Wright wrote:

> there are three I have that I havent seen anything about in the lists or in
> the 3.1 feature plan: avi (resolution, fps, length, + misc), tga
> (resolution, depth, compression) and bmp (resolution, depth) - is anyone
> already doing these or shall I get started?

As far as I know, nobody is currently working on one of those formats, so
you're free to go. If you have any questions or problems, feel free to ask,
because currently, there is no tutorial for writing a KFilePlugin (though I'm
working on one). OTOH, people told me that it's pretty straightforward if you
have a look at existing plugins. I have a list of current plugins on
http://kde.kicks-ass.net/homepage/kfilemetainfo/list.html . Note that the
server might be enormously slow. Its not yet on a "real" server because it's
unfinished (as you'll most likely see).