Konsole special button popup menu bug....

Antonio Larrosa Jiménez larrosa at kde.org
Wed Apr 24 10:05:17 BST 2002

El Mié 24 Abr 2002 00:26, Waldo Bastian escribió:
> On Tuesday 23 April 2002 03:23 pm, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > the console special button in kicker has a stupid bug - when clicking
> > on it the first time, the popup menu appears a good distance above
> > kicker in the middle of the screen. On the second click it works ok.
> > Any ideas besides telling me to fix it tomorrow ? :)
>
> I have seen this bug before with other menus.... if only I could
> remember what caused it.

I think I fixed similar bugs like this quite some time ago. If I remember
correctly, the problem was related to calling width()/height()/whatever to
get the geometry instead of calling sizeHint().width()/sizeHint().whatever
because you cannot use i.e. width() before the menu is shown on the screen
(of course, you have to call sizeHint after all items have been added).

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
KDE Core developer  - larrosa at kde.org
http://devel-home.kde.org/~larrosa/
KDE - The development framework of the future, today.