kfile plugins

Carsten Pfeiffer carpdjih at sp.zrz.tu-berlin.de
Tue Apr 23 23:30:42 BST 2002

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 20:23, Shane Wright wrote:

Hiya,

> I've been looking at the kfile plugins - I already have some code kicking
> around for pulling basic stats out from a few file types and quite fancy
> building kfile plugins out of them.

great :)

> there are three I have that I havent seen anything about in the lists or in
> the 3.1 feature plan: avi (resolution, fps, length, + misc), tga
> (resolution, depth, compression) and bmp (resolution, depth) - is anyone
> already doing these or shall I get started?

QImageIO (and KImageIO) support many image-formats -- at least resolution and
depth can be read without the need for a specific plugin for an image format.

So we could add one general plugin for all QImage supported formats. As we
can't handle multiple plugins for one mimetype, we need to enable the generic
plugin only for those mimetypes where we don't have special plugins.

E.g. the tiff, tga, png, gif plugins should provide that information
themselves, then.

Please go ahead -- looking forward to the results :)

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer