konsole and schemas

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Tue Apr 23 21:24:25 BST 2002

On Tuesday, 23 April 2002 15:23, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 April 2002 20:45, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > Is it wanted (and if yes, is it acceptable?) that changing a "schema" in
> > a multisession console only applies the setting to the current session?
> > If it is, it's ugly and confusing IMHO.
>
> Same for fonts if you ask me...

Oh! I didn't need to change fonts and didn't notice this. This is even worse
IMHO, as this way, each session inside the same frame can end up with
different sizes (lines x columns). Then which session dictates the size of
the frame?

> And if those options popped up dialogs it would have been enough to add a
> checkbox 'only this session' or so in case someone finds a place where it
> does make sense. But these are no dialogs, so that's not an option.
>
> I'd vote for making the schema and font settings global.

Maybe not needed to add yet another config option. I would just like to hear
from people having arguments _pro_ current behavior, maybe I get conviced :-)
(e.g., I had a hard time to start using multisession konsoles :-)

CT