File copying dialog

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Tue Apr 23 17:22:40 BST 2002

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 15:39, Chris Howells wrote:

> There are now several extra options including "Keep this window open after

I only see one option. :-)

> the opeation has completed" (is this not just an example of needeless
> bloat/features/configurability? It is IMHO).

Needeless? If it's so useless why do other browser/programs have this too?

> There's also a "Open File" (surely that's what I'm trying to do by
> copying/downloading the file?),

There is really a difference between "Open File" and "Copy File"/"Save File".
If you open remote file (and it's saved to temporary dir) it doesn't appear.

> and an "Open Location" button (what on earth does that do?)

Update to current CVS, it's "Open Destination" for some days. Did you try?

> IMHO it was better before.

Why? Becaused you are used to the look of the old dialog?

Bye,
   Steve