good thought, good ideas - and...

aleXXX alexander.neundorf at gmx.net
Sun Apr 21 22:10:54 BST 2002

On Saturday 20 April 2002 12:55, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
> Hi
>
> There was much discusion. Good ideas have been shared good thoughts were
> told. But the sides were polarisied in some cases in some not.
> Its time to get more order in all that. We have an extreamli good platform
> here. We are one of the "openest" Open Source projects on this planet. But
> IMO we are not use our full potential.
> We need to add some more democratic rules. We need to take votes in the
> core team. On a Sytem based like the debian one.
> If we have to good solutions and we discuss endless and finaly it stays
> then was that very unproductive.

Yes, this happens from time to time, an additional voting won't change this.

> We have to descide. We can do that in
> simple Email votings.
> Yes there will everytime be an minority wich is not satisfied but there is
> no system in the world wich satisfies everyone (marx was wrong in that
> point :-) ).
> I don't say that we should not discuss. No, we should discuss issues in a
> big manner but finally we should be able to decide.
> I also don't say that we schould elect a chief distri office wich tells
> what should be done or not. No, simply fact based voting.

I don't think so. If the people on the mailing list are not able to convince
me, a voting won't neither.
Everybody here does what he wants to, if it sucks to much, people start to
complain (doesn't happen to often I think).
IMO this works perfectly.

Bye
Alex