KXMLGUI question

Christoph Cullmann crossfire at babylon2k.de
Sun Apr 21 15:30:13 BST 2002

On Sunday 21 April 2002 15:22, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> On Sunday 21 April 2002 14:57, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
> > On Sunday 21 April 2002 08:23, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > > <snip>
> > > I got following problem:
> > > I use addClient/removeClient of the mainwindow guiFactory() to remove
> > > the old kate::view xmlguiclient on view change and add the xmlguiclient
> > > of the new current active kate::view, but only the icons in the
> > > menus/toolbars get the new actions, the shortcuts always be the
> > > shortcuts of the last created Kate::view. even after removeClient :(.
> >
> > I'd really like to look into this myself, but I'll be very pressed for
> > time for the next three weeks, and I'm already working on koffice,
> > mathml, and mouse action issues...  So I'm afraid I can't be of much help
> > until after May 10th. :(
>
> That problem seems to be rather urgent, as gideon HEAD has the same
> problem, which would lead to one of the following conclusions:
> 1. both gideon devs and me have a implementation error
> 2. kaccel/xmlgui stuff has a bug :/
> 3. error in kate part, but as even standard actions has these probs, can't
> see how I could have broken that :(

Just a deeper question:

void KXMLGUIFactory::addClient( KXMLGUIClient *client )
{
<snip>
    client->actionCollection()->setWidget( d->builder->widget() ); // ellis
<snip>
}

Shouldn' be in removeClient something like:
 client->actionCollection()->setWidget( 0 );

and shouldn't actionCollection do on setWidget (0) disconnect it's accel from
the previous widget ?

Just thoughts, hadn't the time to test it.

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph "Crossfire" Cullmann