Fwd: Re: Application duplication (was: Re: cdbakeoven)

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sat Apr 20 16:27:06 BST 2002

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 03:28:16PM +0100, Chris Howells wrote:
> On Saturday 20 April 2002 3:21 pm, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > Flames/comment?
>
> What happens if the user selects "make this default" and "don't ask
> this again", and then decides that he/she doesn't like the editor
> presented the first time?

that's his own stupidity, obviously. anyway, of course we'd have a
kcontrol module to change this at any time. we already have everything
in place, if i'm not completely mistaken: basically we just want to put
the action "edit text/plain" in the start menu and label it "Edit plain
text" (or whatever). the mime type association system does the rest.
only a small extension to kicker and we're done.
additionally, nobody says, that we can't maintain the current
application-oriented structure in parallel (just in some deeper nested
submenu).

greetings

The problem with making software idiot-proof is that idiots are so clever.