good thought, good ideas - and...

Raffaele Sandrini sandrini at kde.org
Sat Apr 20 13:57:49 BST 2002

On Saturday 20 April 2002 14:19, Klas Kalass wrote:
> <proposal of voting system>
> If we would introduce a voting system, whose vote counts how much? Who is
> allowed to vote? If we'd say everybody with CVS access then how fair is it
> that 20 not so active developers (Myself, ...) have more weight than the 5
> most active developers (Waldo, David, Dirk,...)? I don't think that this
> would be fair and it would certainly frustrate the active ones, if they
> feel like being dictated by some not so active people.
> So the way it is done now seems to work, at least it does not scare the
> most important people away.

Who would be allowed?
Everyone who is affected by the decision.

Scare developpers away?
Hmm. If someone can't accept the others (majority). Then he should think of
doing an ego project.

Looking at David, Waldo, Dirk, coolo ... ... i have no fear at all. They
manage projects with tons of devloppers in it.  The problem is not there and
its also not about special people.
It turns all about how should this whole thing go forward. In wich direction.

As u can see. There are lots of Systems outside wich can handle things. Lots
of them are worse. I think that democratic rules are the lessest worse one.

--
Raffaele Sandrini <sandrini at kde.org>