Fwd: Re: Application duplication (was: Re: cdbakeoven)

Matthias Welwarsky matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Sat Apr 20 12:40:43 BST 2002

Neil Stevens wrote:

> Has anyone said anything useful in this thread?  I'm challenging those who
> disagree with the status quo to show why the status quo is bad, instead of
> just calling it "stupid."

Well, as long as you don't accept that the typical desktop user basically
wants to "do something" with his/her computer, not caring about how
exactily the task is accomplished, you can of course argue away every need
for a change.

> I feel that KDE is correct until proven otherwise.  The burden of proof
> should be on those who want to make significant changes.  All the praise
> KDE gets should not be dismissed.

Praise by whom? Geeks, developers, technical staff. If we want to provide a
platform only for those people, I'll immediately stop any activity to
promote KDE as a credible platform for professional software development.

We must make clear to everybody that KDE is _the_ platform for desktop
software on linux/unix.

regards,
        Matze

--
Matthias Welwarsky
Fachschaft Informatik FH Darmstadt
Email: matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de

"all software sucks equally, but some software is more equal"