kdebase/kioslave/kio_mac (fwd)

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Apr 17 01:10:04 BST 2002

On Tuesday 16 April 2002 03:20 pm, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Dienstag, 16. April 2002 23:24, Ralf Nolden wrote:
>
> Could this *please* be moved to kdeaddons ? The Mac ioslave only makes
> sense on Mac-machines who have those formats, so the number of users is
> fairly limited, which is why I suggest to move it to that module instead
> of bloating kdebase even more.
>
> ---
>
> Any there any other opinions on this?  Obviously I'd prefer for it to be
> in with all the other kioslaves rather than stuck out on it's own in
> kdeaddons, plus I don't see how the PC lobby should get rights over the
> ethnic Macintoshes :)
>
> How is a decision like this made?

Well, it's not just about kio_mac. I think we might want to decide to move all
io-slaves that aren't very generic or specifically needed by another
application to kdeaddons.

finger, fish, nfs, sftp, mac and zip would qualify for that based upon a quick
glance. If anyone foresees any problems with moving those away, let me know.

Cheers,
Waldo
bastian at kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian at suse.com