strange effect with --enable-fast-malloc=full

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 13:07:12 BST 2002

Hi!

I tried to compile KDE_3_0_BRANCH with using the
--enable-fast-malloc=full flag in configure, first for kdecore only,
second for the whole kdesupport, kdelibs, kdebase.
But now always I got a strange effect when closing my KDE application.
Somehow it hangs forever in an infinite loop somewhere in malloc.
Whenever I interrupt it in gdb, it shows the same callstack:
  http://www.geocities.com/gigafalk/strange.jpg

Could it be that there's something wrong in the fast-malloc code?
Without that flag, everything works OK.
(I use current KDE_3_0_BRANCH, qt-copy from cvs)

Ciao,
F at lk