KXConfig [patch]

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Sun Apr 14 08:58:54 BST 2002

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 02:18:02AM -0400, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> Also, just out of curiosity, is there any reason that this wasn't done as a
> KConfig module?

Ooops, I missed that question in my previous answer. There are two
reasons:

- We thought the GUI would be too complex for a kcontrol module,
  which already lives under certain size constraints (window size
  wise)

- We didn't want to launch kcontrol, etc. in the standalone mode.
  KXConfig also works when there is no X11 running (and no
  XFree86Config installed) . In that case it performs probing
  through ddcprobe and XFree86 -configure and then starts a minimal
  X with itself and twm as window manager.

Simon