Behavior of focused links in KHTML

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed Apr 10 20:15:19 BST 2002

On Wednesday 10 April 2002 18:14, John Firebaugh wrote:
> What is the use of focusing the link? If it is only that it can be then be
> opened by pressing enter, it should capture only the enter key. All other
> keystrokes should be passed to the enclosing view.

JavaScript code could request all kinds of other keyboard actions for example.
I don't really mind the objects receiving focus...

if the object does _not_ handle the key (like normally the arrows or space
won't be handled) it would be nice to propagate them up to all parent views
and actions. Just the views and actions, because AFAIK the DOM events
shouldn't be propagated upwards. But keyboard navigation and other shortcuts
should not become disabled. The current behaviour annoyed me quite a bit,
actually.

Martijn