Am I allowed to add a new module to kde's cvs ?

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at jowenn.at
Wed Apr 10 00:01:46 BST 2002

Hi

On Tuesday 09 April 2002 20:54, aleXXX wrote:

> Can you describe a bit more what the app does ?
> Sounds interesting...

My English isn't that good, but I'll try .

The application runs in fullscreen mode as a kdesktop replacement. It allows
to specify a background image ;). The content  it displays (I call it page)
consists of one or more modules, which could be at the moment a kpart view,
horizontal / vertical button bars or a widget, where you can please a lot of
QT widgets (as you like it)

The project is described by a large xml file which describes all pages and
subpages. You can group those pages within the autogenerated button bars or
place buttons where you want on the screen. If you show eg a webpage in a
kpart view, you can browse the internet with it freely, or only to restricted
pages, or navigate to a project page (with a special url).
The free form module is described by xml files too, where you can specify
buttons, labels, buttongroups, ... and specify how they should interact with
each other.

It supports plugins for a login manager too, to make it possibly to hide
special pages from the normal user, but show them eg to registered customers,
----

Keyboard input can be done by a real keyboard, or an embedded xvkbd, which
gets resized and positions as needed.
----

I hope that helps a littlebit, if not, please just ask further questions

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger