KMediaPlayer Interface

Martijn Klingens mklingens at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 6 12:52:11 BST 2002

On Saturday 06 April 2002 10:40, David Faure wrote:
> I was going to object :), but in fact if the part doesn't call setWiget(),
> then you have a part without widget. KParts itself already supports this.
> But better not try to embed such a part into Konqueror :}
>
> The fix is simple though: use a special servicetype for "sound only, no
> GUI", and in case of the usual KParts/ReadOnlyPart servicetype, create a
> GUI.

I don't know how the servicetypes work, but if you can mark a part as
supporting GUI (default), no-GUI and optional-GUI then Neil's part can use
the latter.

Konq will happily embed an optional-GUI part and still call setWidget(),
Malte's sound player will use the same part, but without the setWidget()
call.

If I see this all right (hardly knowing the KParts API) that would be the most
elegant solution, because it avoids a lot of duplication.

Still, it's Neil's code and me not knowing KParts that well, so I may be
terribly wrong here. Apologies in that case :-)

Martijn