Questions about real name policy

Ben Bonacci ben at benbonacci.com
Wed Nov 1 07:07:13 GMT 2023

Hi Josh,

According to the mailing list archives from 2020 [1], "there is no real
name policy on this mailing list (or any other KDE infrastructure.)"
However, according to the community wiki page last updated in October
2022 [2], there is a git hook for authorship that states "A name is
considered valid if it is a full name –  it should not be a username or
the first name of the person."

Perhaps a formal vote or the equivalent policy for handling these kinds
of questions should be held. Then, whatever the final verdict would be,
can be documented in the Code of Conduct or a similar document to make
the policy clear.

Regards,

Ben

[1] https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kdepim-users/2020-June/013299.html

[2] https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Git/Hooks#Authorship_metadata

--
Ben Bonacci
https://benbonacci.com

Quote of the Day: "Dream big and dare to fail." - Norman Vaughan