What are the Promo contractors up to? Weeks 35 & 36, 2023

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Thu Sep 28 18:24:51 BST 2023

Hello All,

A bit later this time, as we have had an intense beginning of the week.

What follows are  the Promo highlights for weeks 33 and 34 of 2023. Enjoy.

---

### Things done

* We held a two-day Sprint on the weekend of the 23rd and 24th of September
and covered the following topics
  * Promoting KDE software to specific demographics (to activists, students,
creators, gamers, etc.)
  * Creating good-looking slides and other "stationary" for use by community
members
  * Planning and executing a coordinated Plasma 6 promotional campaign
  * Attending events: which and how
  * Breaking the bubble: strategies to do that
* Related, we attended the "EmpoderaLIVE" event in Málaga with the aim of
reaching an audience outside our bubble and find like-minded organisations we
can carry out joint projects with
* We prepared and deployed our first [Plasma 6 campaign website for attracting
supporting members](https://kde.org/fundraisers/plasma6member/)
* Launched "KDE for Gamers'" page and added Ada & Zangemann on KDE for the
Kids' page
* Ordered stickers for upcoming events.
* Promoted blogs about Plasma 6

### Things to do

* We need to create all the tasks for the decisions made at the Sprint and the
start acting on them
* We need to add elements (progress bars, hall of fame for non-anonymous
donors) to the "Become a Supporter" fundraiser page
* We need to follow up with leads from EmpoderaLIVE event and post a post-
mortem

### Ongoing projects (housework)

* Finding and solving mistakes in websites and wikis
* Moderating social media
* Weekly data collection on followers from Twitter, Mastodon and Instagram.
* Daily data collection from mentions of KDE, Kdenlive, Krita, etc., from
media across the web.
* Working on Quarterly Newsletter and Advisory Board meetings' slides.

---

Cheers

Aniqa and Paul
--