planet forwarding to discuss?

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Wed Jun 21 15:20:21 BST 2023

Regarding the topic of having comments split across multiple places, I'm
afraid that ship has sailed. I have comments on my blog, and the
discussion nevertheless gets split across Reddit, Mastodon, Phoronix,
and Discuss already. I don't have time to follow all of those, and I
accept that. But there is nothing I can do about it.

It's much the same with the proposal here: people will discuss things
where they want to discuss them regardless of what we do. The difference
is that if we make it easy to discuss things on discuss.kde.org, there's
a higher likelihood of the discussion becoming centralized there, and
not on places we don't control and generally don't want to interact
with. like Phoronix and Twitter.

Nate