planet forwarding to discuss?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Jun 21 15:09:48 BST 2023

Am Mittwoch, 21. Juni 2023, 15:02:31 CEST schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> The downside is splitting where discussion happens but it's not a big ask
> to expect KDE devs to visit Discuss at times.

Being a developer, I think it is ;) There is only so much (leisure) time one
can spent on writing code, reviewing MRs. dealing with bug reports, debugging
code, being on online chat, discussing on developer mailing lists...

Personally I never had time left for forums.kde.org, discuss.kde.org does not
change that fact.

If I write a blog post (actually doing this very minute ;) ) I would also
fancy any reaction next to it, not somewhere else (also for people finding
that blog post only later).
An idea to just forward all commenters to discuss.kde.org as the single place,
so linking to an external (and potentially one day also no longer existing/
working because the platform changed again) comment area is adding complexity,
and half of post readers might not follow such links so miss comments adding
value, also it might add burden when it needs yet another account for random
commenters.

So not a fan, would harm my own experience.

Cheers
Friedrich