Drupal sites within KDE

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Mon Aug 15 18:00:45 BST 2022

On Monday, 15 August 2022 16:28:18 CEST Nate Graham wrote:
> On 8/15/22 08:05, Phu Hung Nguyen wrote:
> > [1] this is not to say that a Hugo site cannot have comments. It can,
> > but it seems that we don't need that functionality now.
>
> If I'm going to move my blog to KDE infrastructure, I would consider
> comments mandatory. And I would prefer WordPress.

I want the same as Nate here. The Dot is, to all practical effects, KDE's very
straightforward official blog. Nothing more. I understand the technical
drawbacks, but every pther platform just seems to throw hurdles in the way of
publishing stuff. As a user, I want the simplicity of Wordpress.

Netlify seems like an overkill and, poring through their jumbled, overstuffed
site, I have yet to find the part which says you can just publish blog posts
easily and quickly -- which is all we need. So it's a hard "no" from me on
that.

Cheers

Paul
--