Cancellation of Supporting Membership

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Oct 20 15:56:32 BST 2021

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 3:35 PM U. Klinkhammer <uk at kontent.com> wrote:

> Dear KDE board, Dear KDE community,
>
> we joined KDE in 2020 as supporting member. In the first months we was
> in active contact to the Board and we also joined the Fundraising
> Working Group.
>
> For some unexplainable reason the Board stopped talking to us from one
> day to another.
>
> So we see no possible cooperation anymore and would like to cancel our
> Supporting Membership to the next possible date.
>
> We also would like to mention that Valorie Zimmerman suppressed 2
> postings from us to the community mailinglist. As we are not a friend of
> censorship in general, this is also a reason for us to leave the Verein.
>
> Anyway, the community and the resulting KDE products are still something
> the we admire and appreciate very much. We wish those kindhearted.
> lovely people standing behind all the best for the future.
>
> Keep the spirit up!
>
> Uli Klinkhammer

Hi Uli,

We are surprised to hear that you think we stopped talking to you. The
last time we can find that we communicated is when we replied to your
last e-mail regarding concerns about KDE's Community Working Group on
July 15th. We would have appreciated reaching out to the board
directly so we had a chance to resolve this earlier.

We will of course follow your request and cancel your membership
effective end of the year and wish you all the best for the future.

Regards
Aleix Pol, for the board of KDE e.V.