Chat blocking under 16s from KDE

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri Aug 6 17:27:03 BST 2021

On Friday, 6 August 2021 17:05:46 CEST Kenny Duffus wrote:
> On Monday, 2 August 2021 10:58:20 BST Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > I've been notified by a 13 year old who wants to help KDE that he is
> > unable
> > to log into our chat setup on Matrix because the privacy policy blocks
> > anyone under 16.
>
> This message is planned to be removed from our home-server next week by EMS

(Where EMS = Element Matrix Support, the organization hosting and supporting
KDE's Matrix instances; not Emergency Medical Services, or Extra Mature
Spinach, or any of a dozen other things those letters might mean)

Thank you, Kenny and Jon, for chasing that through (also for all our future
young contributors).

[ade]