Proposal: remove the restriction on normal Bugzilla users being able to change the Severity field

Halla Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Jun 19 20:50:11 BST 2021

On Saturday, 19 June 2021 21:47:48 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:

> Please note that if we remove the restrictions on severity modification,
> then it will not be possible to remove those privileges from problematic
> users.
> Our only solution in that case will be to ban the problematic user.

I think we should leave it be. It's not the reporter, anyway, who can make a proper decisions about severity, so it's fine if the triager/developer changes it. And if we can just tell the reporter "this is for the developers", in my experience, except for the worst cases, it works out.

--
https://www.krita.org