ISCAS and openEuler are launching an alternative to Google Summer of Code

Guilherme guimarcalsilva at gmail.com
Sun May 9 19:46:37 BST 2021

Hello KDE Community,

The Institute of Software Chinese Academy of Sciences (ISCAS)and the
openEuler Linux distribution are launching their own alternative to
Google's Summer of Code initiative.

Accoding to Phoronix, they're "providing university-aged students around
the world funding by the Institute of Software Chinese Academy of
Sciences to work on community open-source projects." and the "Mentors
will also be paid for their time."

The deadline for communities to apply is May 20th. More details can be
seen here <https://summer.iscas.ac.cn/help/en/community/> (community
guidelines), here <https://summer.iscas.ac.cn/help/en/mentor/> (for
Mentors) and here <https://summer.iscas.ac.cn/help/en/> (FAQ).

There's also more info on Phoronix
<https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=China-Summer-2021-Open-Source>

I don't have time or the expertise to contributewith this initiative,
but I think this is something the KDE Community could keep an eye on, as
it could help with the development of KDE software just like Google
Summer of Code does.

Thanks for reading.