All About the Apps Goal

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Apr 23 11:53:11 BST 2021

> Recently I made a minimum viable patch for the KDE Gear release tooling to bump up the version numbers where those apps have snapcraft packaging files.  However I've been told I shouldn't "overstate the nature of the goal" with an objection to integrating the packaging into the app repositories.

A goal does not define implementation.

That particular patch is confusing as it's claiming to be about giving
developers control, but it's changing a file in the release scripts to
take the control away from the app developers... the exact opposite of
your opening paragraph.

I'm probably understanding it wrong, but then so are others.

It's a technical discussion and as such requires an actual technical
response. Telling us it's for the goal or appealing to the community
with this thread isn't helping deal with the communication issues
which are clearly present on that MR to help everyone work out what
your masterplan is and how this fits in and actually works towards the
end goal.

David