All About the Apps Goal

Jonah BrĂ¼chert jbb at kaidan.im
Fri Apr 23 11:15:53 BST 2021

I don't think most people fundamentally object to maintaining packaging
for stores, but not everyone is interested in all stores or knows how
packaging for all those stores work.

Maybe an opt-in process would work, were the application maintainers are
encouraged to move the packaging for a specific store to their
repository, but only if they are willing to maintain it.

Personally for example, I already maintain flatpak recipes in some
repositories, but I have little interest in looking into snap.

Some automation would be very nice, for example for updating to the
latest runtime. That could be done as an automatic commit or just as a
script which opens issues in repositories that use outdated runtimes.

Jonah