On the reappointment of Richard Stallman as a director of the FSF

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Mar 31 23:27:57 BST 2021

El dimecres, 31 de març de 2021, a les 22:03:09 CEST, Ingo Klöcker va escriure:
> On Mittwoch, 31. März 2021 21:50:14 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El dijous, 25 de març de 2021, a les 5:33:29 CEST, Alexander Potashev va
> escriure:
> > > It would be nice to clarify whose opinions this linked message represents.
> > > If this is something that the KDE e.V. Board voted for, then probably a
> > > signature "KDE e.V. Board of Directors" on the bottom of the page would
> > > make sense.
> >
> > It's in ev.kde.org, who do you think the opinions this linked message
> > represents?
> >
> > Speedy Gonzales?
>
> No, but it could be the KDE e.V. as a whole (it's not certain it is), it could
> be the KDE e.V. Board of Directors (as far as I understood, it is), or it
> could be some other group of KDE e.V. members.

For me, the default assumption if something is in ev.kde.org and has no qualification is that the KDE e.V. is saying it.

If it was "some other group of KDE e.V. members" then it would be signed as such.

I feel that making a distinction between "KDE e.V. Board of Directors" and "KDE e.V." is artificial, the board of directors have been democratically elected to talk in name of KDE e.V.

Cheers,
  Albert