On a brighter note

Clemens Toennies starbuck at netrunner-os.com
Sun Mar 28 10:45:17 BST 2021

Thanks Valorie for raising that topic.

There is surely a very important aspect about ownership of hardware and
software and the right to truly change things around as one likes, instead
of just "look, but don't touch (in fear you might break it)", which turns
any sw/hw into a mere "open-core-like" concept at best.

While nothing is perfect, KDE is imo the closest to a truly open
environment/organization that encourages tinkering and experimentation
while seeking standardization among similar projects, as that is a very
good prerequisite to easily change things around for the user, be it in
software or hardware (e.g. cables or batteries).

Let's therefore work on how to attract and grow KDE into an even more
easily accessible community/tech development hub for anyone wanting to join
and engage in such activities.

Greetings, Clemens.