Apology

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 19:30:19 GMT 2021

Hello my friends,

When I put this list on emergency moderation, I felt that this was
necessary. It still seems so, but I want to lift moderation as soon as
possible.

I may have played a part in continuing the negative thread that "wouldn't
die" by expressing my own opinion. I should have followed my own advice and
walked away after writing my email and then removed parts which expressed a
personal opinion.

While I may disagree with others about the value of RMS to Free Software,
he is not the issue. The more organizations I've been involved with, the
more I realize the value of good governance. The FSF has been critical to
the growth of Free Software, and the recent news about their Board is very
worrying.

My statement did not do anything to convey that or to help, and for that I
am truly sorry.

Posts about Richard Stallman are off-topic and will not be allowed.

Thanks to those of you who called my attention to my part in all of this.

All the best to each of you, to KDE and all of the Free software
communities,

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her