Thank you, CWG

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Mar 25 21:17:53 GMT 2021

Earlier, on this list, Jos van den Oever wrote:

> In KDE, there is CWG of which we can be proud that deals with
> situations like this with respect for the people on all sides of
> a situation.

Which was well said, and I think it deserves repetition: the existence of the
CWG is an important part of out community ethos. We *have* an independent
group to deal with situations. That group is voted in by the membership, the
group provides reporting (in so far as that is possible) for transparency, and
it functions as part of our moral compass.

The KDE Manifesto is another part of that compass.

So I'd like to say thank you to the CWG, its few and beleaguered members, for
donig the hard work (and for putting this list in moderation for a while).

[ade]