Formal request to set up a KDE Discourse instance

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Tue Feb 23 23:07:33 GMT 2021

On 2/23/21 3:53 PM, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> May I take this as a formal request from yourself that Gitlab CI is
> deprioritised and delayed?
>
> Based on the extremely frequent requests we get concerning it in
> #kde-sysadmin I am not sure if your request here is in line with general
> community consensus.
>
> Also, be aware that Sysadmin currently has other infrastructure level
> projects underway needed to get us off Ubuntu 16.04, which are currently
> delayed because we haven't had anyone volunteer to assist us with adding
> support for OAuth2/MyKDE to Reimbursements.
> Based on the above, I assume you are also requesting that we delay this,
> and accept the corresponding security issues that will accompany it when
> Ubuntu 16.04 loses support in the coming months in order to get this
> actioned?

Hmm, I don't see where I suggested any of those things.

If you folks are really that overloaded, we need to figure out how to
fix that. A workload that exceeds available resources doesn't help
anyone. The last time this came up, people called for additional
volunteers to assist. Did that end up bearing any fruit?

Nate