Proposal: Mailing List owner policy

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Sep 9 10:42:04 BST 2020

El dimecres, 9 de setembre de 2020, a les 11:00:21 CEST, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 7:43 AM Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
>
> > El dimarts, 25 d’agost de 2020, a les 23:28:28 CEST, Albert Astals Cid va
> > escriure:
> > > So it seems there was some agreement that is something that could
> > improve but we didn't 100% agree on what to do. I've scheduled an Akademy
> > BoF, hopefully we can reach to a conclusion there.
> > >
> > > https://community.kde.org/Akademy/2020/Tuesday#Room_02_-_8th_September
> >
> > Summary of the discussion at https://share.kde.org/s/PeFRH82FmFgDrep
> >
> > I'll start contacting people about doing work for several points probably
> > tomorrow :)
> >

> Thanks for the detailed summary from the BoF Albert, it's appreciated.
>
> Responding to some of those points with my Sysadmin hat on:
>
> > Enable archives on all the mailing lists that don't have it enabled
>
> We should probably look at backfilling the archives for those lists as
> well, given some of them are the older lists that document much of the
> history of the KDE project (and should therefore be as best preserved as
> possible)

Yes we should try backfilling, but what we discussed and agreed is that this should not be a blocker.

The more time we go without archives, the more those archives will be incomplete.

So if we can't back fill the archives in X time, we just need to accept our loses and enable the archives.

> > Where did the archives of the recently disabled/archive mailing lists go?
> Still publicly available?
>
> These archives should all still be accessible at
> https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/$listname/

Good :)

> > Ask sysadmins if we can have a text file in invent...
>
> Would it help if we created a team at https://invent.kde.org/teams/ for
> this, to allow you to make use of the snippets/wiki functionality of Gitlab?

This needs more refining, i guess let's create the list of owners first and once we have that discuss it there?

Cheers,
  Albert