MPL2 instead of LGPL

Hörmetjan Yiltiz hyiltiz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 00:25:23 BST 2020

May I try to point out the elephant in the room? Most KDE applications and
libraries are copyleft, with tremendous effort and contributions from a
wide range of people. Since most of them belong to more than one author, it
is not possible for a maintainer to simply re-licence an existing piece of
software from copyleft to permissive style license; that requires getting
all previous contributors on board and getting their explicit permission.
However, if anyone is working on a new project based solely on permissive
style licenses, the developer(s) are free to also release their new project
in a permissive style license. I hope I did not digress.
Best,
Hörmet
He who is worthy to receive his days and nights is worthy to receive all
else from you (and me).
                                                 -- The Prophet, Gibran
Kahlil