Proposal: Recurring donations - increase flexibility

Uli Klinkhammer uk at kontent.com
Fri Jul 31 07:28:48 BST 2020

On 2020-07-31 01:35, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 9:52 PM Uli Klinkhammer <uk at kontent.com> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> 100% on your side, Julian!
>>
>> KDE should try to be independent in the long term view. Therefor, the
>> financial support of the user base is unavoidable. I see it as the only
>> way to survive.
>>
>> I heard that KDE is about to implement CiviCRM. And I saw that there was
>> already a solution made back in 2014?
>>
>> https://civicrm.org/blog/tonymazz/donations-made-simply-and-beautifully-with-civicrm
>>
>> And there is something similar here:
>>
>> https://civicrm.org/features/contributions
>>
>> But I think the Board was aware of it already? :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Uli (KDE Supporter)

>>> Hi,
>>> Yes, this has been planned for a while, it was never executed for
>>> technical reasons we are still trying to address.
>>> I am hopeful we'll get there soon enough.
>>>
>>> Thanks for caring!
>>> Aleix
>>>
>>> PS: as for the right place to discuss this, I'd say it's okay to bring
>>> up the issues here as it's a place where we all get to speak our
>>> minds. In cases such as this one where it's more about taking action,
>>> I'd like to remind everyone we have a Fundraising Working Group. If
>>> anyone wants to join and help, you can reach out to
>>> kde-ev-campaign at kde.org.
>> --
> https://relate.kde.org is already running CiviCRM at the moment. It's
> the one we are trying to get improvements on.
>
> Aleix

Fine to hear, so good luck for everybody involved! :)

In my opinion, the possibility to send "any amount" should be realized,
at the same time as "anonymous donations" (or better said, without the
need to register).

And in my opinion this module should appear in any of the KDE apps. The
best would be to show it at the first start of any KDE program.

But, this is just my personal view and just one way of the game, and I
am sure, that there a lot of other ways to get the financial support of
the user base.

Best wishes,

Uli