Proposal: Recurring donations - increase flexibility

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Jul 30 08:33:56 BST 2020

On Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2020 00:41:26 CEST Nate Graham wrote:
> On 7/29/20 12:44 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > This was voted and approved by the KDE eV membership assembly a while ago,
> > it's just that it is not as easy to implement as we would like and thus
> > it still has not happened.
>
> Yeah I think everyone wants this, it's just a matter of getting it done.
> Perhaps the board mailing list would be a more appropriate place to
> continue the discussion since it's one of their tasks?

I don't think that the board mailing list is a more appropriate place to
continue the discussion.
1) The board mailing list is a private list and, on top of that, only members
of the board (and a few selected others) are subscribed. So it's hardly a good
place for a discussion. Not even for a private discussion.
2) The board is not our service team. Everybody (in particular, members of the
KDE e.V., but also the wider KDE community) is asked to help the board
complete our (not "their") tasks.

Anyway. From the board call notes sent to the (private) member ship list it's
clear to me that the board is trying hard to get this done. Apparently, it's
hard to find competent contractors who are capable of implementing this in
CiviCRM.

Regards,
Ingo