Interruption to mail delivery

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Jul 10 23:43:19 BST 2020

Hi all,

Over the past two to three days a number of you may have noticed a
complete drop off in mail traffic from KDE.org mailing lists.

This has been due to Cloudmark Sender Intelligence blacklisting us,
for reasons unknown. Investigation has not revealed any records as to
why Cloudmark would have blacklisted us, and no other blacklist has
shown any indications of problems with our mail delivery.

A request has been submitted to Cloudmark for this block to be lifted.

Until this is actioned on their side, users of mail providers who use
Cloudmark Sender Intelligence have effectively been severed from our
community by their email provider (if you have received this email you
are likely not affected by this).

Prior causes of this type of sudden blacklisting have usually been
caused by people marking a large volume of (legitimate) KDE.org mail
as spam. As a reminder to everyone subscribed to our lists, Sysadmin
considers this sort of action to be a malicious attack on the
community in general and will respond accordingly when it comes to our
attention.

I'll update this thread when I know more from Cloudmark.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin