KDE Apps name trademarks

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 19:10:24 BST 2020

El jue., 9 de jul. de 2020 a la(s) 10:49, Christoph Cullmann
(christoph at cullmann.io) escribió:
> There is no evidence that this upload contains any virus/miner/...
>
> And even for the GPL it is enough if he provides the sources on request
> and only to the customers that bought the app.

That's not true:
- If I buy the app and it includes the source code, I'm allowed to
redistribute the binary, as long as I include the source code too
(GPLv2 §3.a).
- If it *doesn't* include the source code, then it has to include a
written offer to provide the source code "to any third party" (GPLv2
§3.b), and I'm allowed to redistribute the binary as long as I include
either the source code (§3.a), or pass along the offer for source code
that I got from the seller (§3.c). If you download it from me and I
include that offer, you can request the source from the seller, even
if you didn't buy the app from them.

--
Nicolás