KDE Apps name trademarks

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 20:01:34 BST 2020

El mié., 8 de jul. de 2020 a la(s) 15:28, Christoph Cullmann
(christoph at cullmann.io) escribió:

> On 2020-07-08 20:20, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 6:09 AM Christoph Cullmann
> > <christoph at cullmann.io> wrote:

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> have you some links to these applications?
> >
> > I believe Jonathan will be referring to
> > https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/kdiff-3-diff-utility/9ndvvx243rfh?activetab=pivot:overviewtab#
>
> Hi, thanks for the link.
>
> Guess such things are unavoidable.
>
> If the uploading person is some KDE community member, I assume one could
> talk with him/her/...

I doubt it's a KDE community member. Here are all their uploaded apps,
only one is KDE:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search/shop/Apps?q=Dev+Packager

> Otherwise we must keep in mind we are open source and yes, this is
> possible.

Well, I don't know if the app is complying with the GPL. I would need
to purchase it to see if the downloaded package has the full GPL
license text, and the Corresponding Sources or a link to it. (Which,
by the way, I'm not sure if we're strictly following in our own
official uploads to the MS Store)

--
Nicolás