KDE Apps name trademarks

Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Wed Jul 8 19:27:58 BST 2020

On 2020-07-08 20:20, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 6:09 AM Christoph Cullmann
> <christoph at cullmann.io> wrote:
>>
>> On 2020-07-08 18:12, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>> > Recently we've noticed some KDE apps ending up on the Microsoft Store
>> > uploaded by unknown third parties.  Maybe to up some credit score for
>> > their developer account.  Maybe to install bitcoin  miners.  We don't
>> > know the motivations.  Since it's all free software the licence allows
>> > it.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> have you some links to these applications?
>
> I believe Jonathan will be referring to
> https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/kdiff-3-diff-utility/9ndvvx243rfh?activetab=pivot:overviewtab#

Hi, thanks for the link.

Guess such things are unavoidable.

If the uploading person is some KDE community member, I assume one could
talk with him/her/...

Otherwise we must keep in mind we are open source and yes, this is
possible.

(and perhaps promote the KDE e.V. uploaded stuff better)

Greetings
Christoph

--
Ignorance is bliss...