Information regarding upcoming Gitlab Migration

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Apr 29 20:42:59 BST 2020

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 6:16 AM Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> On woensdag 29 april 2020 18:17:05 CEST Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
> >
> > My understanding is that there is a workboard per repository *and* another per group.
> >
> > Now, how big do we make the group workboard? All of KDE? A smaller category? That is the question.
>
> Ah, that makes more sense. I guess that there should be groups for repositories that really fit together, like all the split-up pim stuff, and a generic holding thing for the projects that are more on their own, like Krita or Kdenlive.

Which is why we have proposed the structure that we have, because it
allows for module level task boards, allows easy visibility of the
merge requests related to the contained repositories, and makes
projects contained within that group easy to list.

Those projects that are standalone are put into groups based on what
they're for (Krita = graphics, Kdenlive = multimedia) for ease of
discoverability by those not familiar with them.

Cheers,
Ben