Information regarding upcoming Gitlab Migration

Bhushan Shah bshah at kde.org
Tue Apr 28 05:20:46 BST 2020

Hi Ingo,

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 03:46:13PM +0200, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > > I'm sorry, but I don't think that this is solved by your proposal for the
> > > KDE PIM projects because not everything related to KDE PIM (e.g. relevant
> > > frameworks like kcontacts, kholidays, kpeople and soon kdav) will be in
> > > the same group. The same is true for any project which uses some
> > > frameworks, e.g. graphics and the imageformats framework or whatever
> > > group kate and kwrite are going to end up in and the ktexteditor
> > > framework.
> >
> > This is something which can be easily solved by Gitlab, Gitlab offers a
> > solution where project can be shared with another group.
> >
> > So e.g. sharing kcontacts with kdepim should be possible, then all merge
> > requests/issues from kcontacts would show up under pim as well.
>
> Great. So we could put all repos into an "all" group (e.g. rename kde to all)
> and then have every subcommunity decide for themselves which repos they want
> to see in their group.

No, sadly this does not work, I just tested this,

I have two different groups here

- https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/test/test1
- https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/test/test2

test1 have a repo called foo under it, which is shared with the test2
group. When someone visits test2, they are not offered the list of the
shared repositories but they are instead offered the empty page. One
have to click on Shared repositories tab to actually see the list.

https://invent.kde.org/groups/sysadmin/test/test2/-/shared

This defeats the purpose of the creating subgroups (offering easy
reachability).

--
Bhushan Shah
http://blog.bshah.in