Information regarding upcoming Gitlab Migration

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Mon Apr 27 15:06:46 BST 2020

On 4/27/20 7:52 AM, Nate Graham wrote:
> On 4/27/20 7:46 AM, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
>> On Montag, 27. April 2020 14:10:55 CEST Bhushan Shah wrote:
>>> This is something which can be easily solved by Gitlab, Gitlab offers a
>>> solution where project can be shared with another group.
>>>
>>> So e.g. sharing kcontacts with kdepim should be possible, then all merge
>>> requests/issues from kcontacts would show up under pim as well.
>>
>> Great. So we could put all repos into an "all" group (e.g. rename kde
>> to all)
>> and then have every subcommunity decide for themselves which repos
>> they want
>> to see in their group.
>
> If this is possible, it seems like the best solution to me.

I've just been informed that it's possible to have a project appear in
multiple groups such that I could find plasma-frameworks in both the
Frameworks and Plasma top-level groups.

Therefore I rescind my objection and endorse having many top-level
groups instead of a single flat top-level namespace, provided that we do
put projects that are related to multiple groups into those multiple groups.

Nate