Information regarding upcoming Gitlab Migration

Bhushan Shah bshah at kde.org
Mon Apr 27 13:26:16 BST 2020

Hello

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 02:10:11PM +0200, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On maandag 27 april 2020 03:40:01 CEST Bhushan Shah wrote:
>
> > [1] https://cgit.kde.org/sysadmin/repo-metadata.git/tree/projects-invent?h=bshah/invent
>
> Maybe it would make sense to keep a kde top-level group for some of the bigger projects that really don't fit in a category -- I don't think Krita fits in the graphics group, since we never ever do anything with any of the other repositories in that category.

Slightly off-topic, but, in general idea is that we want to get away
from the KDE is software, and more towards KDE is community and people,
having a KDE/ namespace is step backward IMHO.

> I have to admit, I also dread updating instructions and checkouts everywhere from invent.kde.org/kde/krita to invent.kde.org/graphics/krita...

You don't really have to update the URL, since this project was already
on invent.kde.org we would be doing a move, which would automatically
add a redirect, so while if you want to update, it is fine, it won't be
breaking any of existing links/setups.

--
Bhushan Shah
http://blog.bshah.in